Gift for Life Industry Achievement Award: HomArt
NEWS FROM THE WEB
- Vendors are predicting a shift in key color palettes for next year. Metallics were named as the top color scheme for 2015 by 67% of vendors responding to Gifts and Decorative Accessories’ Exclusive 2015 Trends and Forecasts Survey.
- Checkered, faux animal busts are a laser cut work of wall art.
- GREENSBORO, NC - The second issue of Design Today, a quarterly B2B digital magazine for interior designers produced by Progressive Business Media, designers, as well as furniture industry retailers and manufacturers, are talking about many of the subjects that impact your business, was released today.
- As part of its ongoing commitment to help boost sales for retailers carrying its products, Mud Pie has launched a new online ambassador program designed to harness the consumer reach and influence of today’s style-savvy bloggers, the company said.
- Easter or any time of year, this Mossy Bunny is a fun touch to the garden or as a centerpiece.
- WASHINGTON – Millions of Americans rushed to get their holiday shopping done early, and more than half are nearly finished.
- CARPINTERIA, CA—Waxing Poetic has been accepted into the Independent Jewelry Organization (IJO), a buying group with more than 850 members worldwide.
- Show the family love with this indoor and outdoor embroidered banner, designed by artist Paula Joerling.
- ARTS Awards Rising Star Named
- Carleton Varney to be Honored as Design Icon
- Ivystone to Represent Howard Elliott in 2015
- Lionsgate’s Michael Burns Joins Hasbro Board
- December 01, 2014 Issue #11
- Alex Brands Acquires Shrinky Dinks
- Waxing Poetic Accepted into Major Jewelry Buying Group
- For Arts Sake USA Acquires Carol’s Rose Garden Rights
- Progressive Business Media Acquires HFN and Related Print and Digital Properties
2015 Gift Book
Week of December 15, 2014
Savvy Store Solutions
December 22, 2014Retailers react differently than others to movies like You’ve Got Mail (you did cry during the scene when Meg Ryan’s shop closed, didn’t you?) and plays like A Christmas Carol. Every year I am moved by the contrast between Scrooge and his early employer, Fezziwig — and reminded about the importance of being a good boss. In case you didn’t get to see a production this season, or had time to reread the original story by Dickens, Fezziwig makes his appearance when the miserly Scrooge — a cheapskate who is cruel to his employees — revisits the site of ...
December 22, 2014Well, you’re coming down the home stretch of the holiday season…though due to the wonderfulness of the calendar, the ten days after Christmas look like they will be every bit as active as the days before. With Saturday shopping days following right after both Christmas and New Years Day, there promises to be a lot of activity at retail both weekends. Just when you thought it was over. And of course, right after that, the January show circuit begins. If you’re like most retailers, you generally will only go to one of the markets or shows in ...
Savvy Store Solutions
December 15, 2014The new year doesn’t bring good news for those of us who have gotten used to promoting our shops to existing customers for free through Facebook. We’ve already seen a decline in the number of organic views each post gets, and in fact our store’s 2,500+ “likes” sometimes translates into as few as 22 people seeing a post unless we pay to promote it. Paying to promote a post was a bargain when the program first began, but prices have risen steadily. On the plus side, whenever we promote to a market that includes our customers ...
From humble retail beginnings, Dave Thomas and Kevin Mundt’s 20-year journey to share the California aesthetic through their HomArt brand was honored with the Gift for Life Industry Achievement Award.
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
Week of November 17, 2014