World Market Center Introduces Gourmet and Housewares Floor
NEWS FROM THE WEB
- NEW YORK - The Specialty Food Foundation has awarded grants to 23 organizations working to break the cycle of hunger across the U.S.
- PIERCETON, IN - Stephan Baby has been granted multi-category licensing rights to the "Rainbow Fish" book series in the United States and Australia.
- Gift for Life has extended its partnership with Chavez for Charity. In connection with World AIDS Day 2015, 25 percent of the gross profit from the sales of Chavez for Charity’s special black and red bracelets will be donated to Gift for Life.
- Vista Alegre’s centerpiece, Printemps, has received the German Design Award for excellence from the German Design Council. The organization has been recognizing excellence in the design industry for more than 40 years.
- WASHINGTON – Even as more Black Friday sales have shifted online, millions of shoppers still trekked to their favorite stores on the evening of Gray Thursday, Black Friday over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
- DALLAS - Dallas Total Home & Gift Market (DMC) will feature several celebrity guest speakers at the upcoming Ligthovation, January 20-14, including Rebecca and Sharrah Robeson, Jeffrey Alan Marks, Kelli Ellis, Lori Dennis and Denise McGaha and Randall Whitehead.
- Bring the farm to the table with Vietri’s Farm to Table collection.
- GRAND RAPIDS, MI-The Gift and Home Trade Association (GHTA) confirmed its 2015-2016 Board of Directors during the 13 th Annual GHTA Conference, held November 10-12 in Austin, TX.
- DMC Brings Celebrity Speakers to Lightovation
- Thomas Pheasant to Be Honored as Design Icon in Vegas
- DMC Taps Randall Whitehead as Speaker for LIghtovation
- Chavez for Charity Extends Partnership with GFL
- Vista Alegre Wins German Design Award
- Bath & Body: Nix the Cuts
- Dark Horse to Release Game of Thrones' Night's King
- Toy Fair Continues to Host Digital Kids Conference in 2016
- Laurie Peterson Honored with Top TAGIE Honor
- Stephan Baby Picks Up The Rainbow Fish License
- Fitz and Floyd Acquires Sadek; Signs Deal with Hershey’s
- Danish Brand Bloomingville Announces U.S. Launch
- Perfect Timing Announces New Name, Branding
- Mud Pie Announces Annual March of Dimes Warehouse Sale
- Demdaco Announces 'Lift the Spirit' Winners
25 Gifted Retailers
Evergreen, winter-inspired decor can keep its place before and long after the holidays have passed.
November 24, 2015“One arm longer than the other.” That’s what my mom used to call house guests who came to dinner empty-handed. If there was one thing she sought to teach us kids, it was to always bring something when invited into someone’s home. Next week marks the beginning of a season where we spend more time visiting with family and friends than we do all year. I always like to have a stash of ready-to-go gifts on hand to show the host and hostess how much I appreciate their hospitality, whether it’s my sister or a member of ...
Savvy Store Solutions
November 24, 2015“Make hay when the sun shines” is an old adage usually applied to farming, but our banker once remarked that our gift shop’s business was more seasonal than agriculture. That may not be true (we are at least not as dependent on good weather), but it is important that we make the most of the holiday season that for many of us is our busiest time. In retail terms, making hay means making a profit, and it’s often this seasonal profit that carries us through the slower months that follow. Profitability is based on many things, of course ...
Savvy Store Solutions
November 17, 2015Every so often you have to venture into the world of big box retailing, if for no other reason than to see which of your vendors is also selling to Target or Walmart. (If the product is exactly the same, this counts as a negative when considering a reorder.) But when the search for large plastic bins sent me into big box land yesterday, it gave me a chance to see how I felt when the check out procedure went wrong. I had just unloaded my cart’s contents onto the conveyor belt when the clerk’s computer went down ...
Wrapped Summer Markets
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
Wood scrapped from 19th century homes, old distressed tins filled with beeswax or soup cans painted with vibrant splashes of color are some of the new, upcycled vessels for candles—that can still have some shelf life once the wax burns down.
Las Vegas Market opened C11 as a Gourmet and Housewares floor this market, adding a new layer of resources for buyers. Gifts and Decorative Accessories caught up with Dorothy Belshaw, president, Gift + Home for the Market, and Paul Johnson, owner of The Kitchen Source showroom, to talk about the launch and it's benefits to retailers. (Videos sponsored By International Market Centers.)