World Market Center Introduces Gourmet and Housewares Floor
NEWS FROM THE WEB
- Dallas Market Center has announced that Eva Walsh has been named executive vice president of marketing and leasing. Walsh now oversees teams responsible for leasing permanent and temporary space across all product categories as well as marketing communications, retail development, travel and market services.
- DALLAS - Dallas Market Center and the ARTS nominating committee have chosen Robert Currey of Currey & Company as this year’s Academy of Achievement honoree.
- NEW YORK – Lladró has partnered with Operation Smile, a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness for children who are born with cleft lips and are ostracized by their families and communities.
- Secret Garden , a coloring book designed for adults from author Johanna Basford, has been on the Amazon bestseller list. Now the author has introduced an Artist’s Edition with 20 intricate drawings designed to color and display.
- WASHINGTON - Holiday sales are up for this year's shopping season. Sales in November and December are already projected to increase 3.7 percent to $630.5 billion.
- Offer shoppers that personalized touch with this "special delivery" pillow, designed for baby.
- NEW YORK – Michael Aram has created a sculptural piece to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Armenian genocide.
- CHARLOTTE, NC – Accessories Resource Team (ART) members are eligible for market discounts at the upcoming High Point Market, October 17-22, 2015.
- DMC Names Walsh EVP, Marketing and Leasing
- ART Deals at High Point
- ART, DMC Announce ARTS Awards Judges
- Gourmet: Party for Two
- NRF: Consumers Expected to Spend $7B on Halloween
- Consumers Spending More on Specialty Foods
- New York Comic Con Kicks Off
- Toy State Partners with Mattel for Monster High R/C Toys
- Wicked Cool Toys Gets Master License for Alvinn and the Chipmunks
- Lalique to Open Hotel, Restaurant
- Wicked Cool Toys to Launch MasterChef Jr. Line
- Precious Moments, Aurora World Ink Licensing Deal
- CB Gift Signs License Agreement with That’s All Gift Brand
- Pantone Fall 2015 Colors Revealed
- Retailers Look to Mobile to Drive Sales
- Lladró Collaborates With Operation Smile
- Michael Aram Creates Sculpture to Honor Armenian Genocide
- Kuhn Rikon Names New U.S. Head of Design
Paddywax Display Contest
It's all about personalization!
Savvy Store Solutions
October 7, 2015Facebook, Yelp and many other sites allow consumers to give instant feedback when they are pleased—or displeased—with a retail experience. Happily we are not impacted as much as restaurants, who can flourish or perish based on online comments. But it is still important that we pay attention to what potential customers will be reading about our shops. We recently had a negative review on Facebook, and I immediately added an apology for what the writer perceived as a bad customers service experience. My staff remembers the situation and doesn’t think that the complaint was justified, but that ...
Savvy Store Solutions
September 30, 2015In a recent interview in an article by Randy Tucker about the benefits of working part-time, AJ Ferguson of the nonprofit UpDayton said that working less than full time allows him to “play in some other sandboxes.” I love that image, because it can be used to describe almost any other activity—school, parenting, working full-time in another field, volunteering or creating in the arts. Many retail employees are part-time not because they can’t get full-time employment, but because it fits their lifestyle. We’ve had graduate students, puppeteers and even off-season farmers work in our store a few ...
Savvy Store Solutions
September 23, 2015We noticed the inviting “Buzz Point” sign at a downtown Madison retailer while Christmas shopping last December, and made a note to find out more about this program. We discovered that in our community, Buzz Points is offered by locally owned Park Bank . It serves as a way for the bank to promote the use of its debit/credit card while encouraging the “buy local” mentality. As the Buzz Points blog says, this is where “bank local” and “buy local” intersect. Buzz Points are earned whenever the card is used, however purchases at locally owned businesses garner four times as ...
Wrapped Summer Markets
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
Gold, silver, copper and brass are some of the precious metals continuing to light up the home fragrance category with decorative, repurposeable vessels.
Las Vegas Market opened C11 as a Gourmet and Housewares floor this market, adding a new layer of resources for buyers. Gifts and Decorative Accessories caught up with Dorothy Belshaw, president, Gift + Home for the Market, and Paul Johnson, owner of The Kitchen Source showroom, to talk about the launch and it's benefits to retailers. (Videos sponsored By International Market Centers.)