Gift for Life Industry Achievement Award: HomArt
NEWS FROM THE WEB
- ARMONK, NY - Black Friday holiday shopping is getting an earlier start this year with a number of retailers launching “pre-Black Friday” deals, or deeply discounting select items on Thanksgiving Day. This year 25 million people are expected to shop on Thanksgiving Day.
- Learn to stir up to 75 traditional and more contemporary whiskey cocktails like a pro.
- KENNESAW, GA - The Halloween Industry Association (HIA) and Urban Expositions have acquired the Halloween & Party Expo from its current owners, H&P Expo LLC. Both will take over the event immediately following the upcoming show in February.
- Fragrances in the Gwendolyn Mary collection are inspired by Pavane, a couple’s dance made popular during the Renaissance era.
- Shape and reshape your handlebar or other stache any which way during “Movember” and beyond with this all natural mustache wax.
- Gifts and Decorative Accessories presents another 25 gifted retailers, who are each in their own way representative of a typical and successful gift retailer. We always seek a range of diversity in selecting our gifted retailers—and this year is no different—because we know that in the universe of gift retailing there is no one-size-fits-all model; every gift store is as different and individual as its owner.
- NEW YORK—Textile design brand Chilewich has opened its first retail store.
- Waggo Home’s Watercolor Trays feature a wooden motif in happy hues.
- Tom Mitchell to Retire from International Market Centers
- Merchandise Mart Integrates Gift into Stylemax
- Market Runup: Winter 2015
- Lego Minecraft Adventure Sets
- ChiTAG Names 2014 Toy and Game Award Winners
- Barbie Dethroned by Frozen Princess
- For Arts Sake USA Acquires Carol’s Rose Garden Rights
- Progressive Business Media Acquires HFN and Related Print and Digital Properties
- Douglas Lauer, Gladstone Investment Corp. Acquire Old World Christmas
2015 Gift Book
Week of November 17, 2014
November 26, 2014I’m finally ready to admit it: I feel old. My kids adore Minecraft and I personally can’t understand it. I’m not really sure where their fascination lies, but when they talk about it, I feel like they’re speaking another language. What is so great about Creative, and just who is this Steve guy, anyway? While Minecraft may be the buzzword of the moment, I still wish it wasn’t just another excuse for my kids to beg for more screen time. That’s why I’m psyched for what we’re expecting to be one of ...
Savvy Store Solutions
November 24, 2014"We know you have a choice of airlines when you fly, and we appreciate you flying with us” has become a bit trite through repetition, but the truth in that statement is timeless: customers have countless choices as to where they can spend their dollars, and we need to let them know how much we appreciate them spending their money with us. I am truly thankful for customers who come out in the snow to get to our store instead of shopping online in their PJs. I especially appreciate those who make a point of telling us how much they ...
November 19, 2014When my girls were babies, tub time was awesome: the squeaky toys, the sweet-smelling soap, and of course, all those bubbles. It was a blast…until, of course, it was time to get out. It wasn’t that my girls protested too much, but rather that I couldn’t quite get a handle on them (literally). Even more challenging was trying to open up a big bath towel and then transfer them out of the bath. I either had to lay them down on the floor (ouch!) or gamble with an unsafe spot (on top of the clothes hamper? No ...
From humble retail beginnings, Dave Thomas and Kevin Mundt’s 20-year journey to share the California aesthetic through their HomArt brand was honored with the Gift for Life Industry Achievement Award.
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
Week of November 17, 2014