Gift for Life Industry Achievement Award: HomArt
NEWS FROM THE WEB
- PITTSBURGH, PA – SnapRetail’s founder and chief executive officer, Ted Teele, and chief operations officer, Suzy Teele, have stepped down from their positions, effective immediately. Tara Ronel will serve as the company’s interim CEO.
- NASHVILLE, TN—The Gift Sales Manager Association (GSMA) has elected new board members at its annual meeting in November.
- SAN FRANCISCO - Representatives from major U.S. manufacturing and shipping trade groups met with White House officials this week to ask for a federal negotiator to intervene in a months-long labor dispute that has slowed West Coast ports ahead of the holiday season.
- The Susanna collection is named for Vietri’s founder Susan. The line features hand-painted, winding vines of flowers and leaves inspired by paintings found in traditional Italian villas.
- GRAND RAPIDS, MI—The Gift and Home Trade Association’s (GHTA) 2014-2015 Board of Directors was confirmed at the 12 th Annual GHTA Conference in Nashville, TN.
- Herbie in Hightops gift set comes with a plush giraffe and two pairs of socks for baby.
- SECAUCUS, NJ – Arte Italica has been acquired by Chris Collins, who has served as president of the company since 2013.
- Get ready for spring decorating with Mud Pie’s Bunny pillow wrap.
- Tom Mitchell to Retire from International Market Centers
- Merchandise Mart Integrates Gift into Stylemax
- Market Runup: Winter 2015
- PBS, Whole Foods Roll Out Sustainable Toys
- Lego Hires New EVP, CCO
- Patch Products Names New VP Sales and Marketing
- For Arts Sake USA Acquires Carol’s Rose Garden Rights
- Progressive Business Media Acquires HFN and Related Print and Digital Properties
- Douglas Lauer, Gladstone Investment Corp. Acquire Old World Christmas
- SnapRetail CEO and COO Exit Company
- Poo-Pourri Awards Store Makeover
- Gearys, Baccarat Partner to Illuminate Rodeo Drive
2015 Gift Book
Week of November 17, 2014
November 19, 2014When my girls were babies, tub time was awesome: the squeaky toys, the sweet-smelling soap, and of course, all those bubbles. It was a blast…until, of course, it was time to get out. It wasn’t that my girls protested too much, but rather that I couldn’t quite get a handle on them (literally). Even more challenging was trying to open up a big bath towel and then transfer them out of the bath. I either had to lay them down on the floor (ouch!) or gamble with an unsafe spot (on top of the clothes hamper? No ...
Savvy Store Solutions
November 18, 2014Imagine that you are a traveler looking to buy a neck pillow for your overseas flight. The airport shop has a nice selection (even for those who don’t find a monkey quite their style). And they’re only $10 each! But no — if you only need one, which for most of us is the case, you’ll pay $15. Will you feel cheated? Probably. That’s the problem with this kind of “two for” pricing. Unless you are selling something that most people can use several of, you are likely to have customers buying just one and either feeling ...
November 12, 2014Kids’ books are one of my most favorite things, especially this time of year as the holidays approach. But while there seem to be no shortage of great Christmas books, our stash of Thanksgiving titles always appears to be lacking. I think we’ve stumbled upon a new one worth adding to our library. Gollywood, Here I Come! is a spirited read that will tickle your funny bone and captivate even the most fidgety listener. It stars a young turkey starlet, Anamazie, who aspires to leave her small town and someday walk the famous red carpet. Her dreams are nearly ...
From humble retail beginnings, Dave Thomas and Kevin Mundt’s 20-year journey to share the California aesthetic through their HomArt brand was honored with the Gift for Life Industry Achievement Award.
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
Week of November 17, 2014