NEWS FROM THE WEB
- WHITE PLAINS, NY—Online registration for the summer edition of NY Now, The Market for Home + Lifestyle is now open. The show is scheduled to run August 15-19, 2015, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
- Made from apricot kernel, sunflower oil and other natural oils, these body nectars moisturize the body and are gentle enough for the face.
- ATLANTA—Joceline Arnold has been named buyer relations director for Urban Expositions’ California Gift Show, Las Vegas Souvenir & Resort Gift Show and Philadelphia Gift Show.
- TOLEDO, OH—Libbey Inc. and German glassware company Spiegelau have announced an agreement in which Libbey will become the exclusive U.S. distributor of Spiegelau glassware lines in the retail industry, effective July 1, 2015.Li
- Buyer registrations topped 45,000 for the first time ever, and more than 14,000 buying companies sent people to this month’s market, the High Point Market Authority Board was told Wednesday.
- Spring is finally here. And in our industry that means it’s time for the New York Tabletop Market.
- Zak Designs has created the perfect snack gear just in time for the upcoming 20th Century Fox Peanuts movie.
- Frank Joens will take over as chairperson of the board at Gift for Life, the gift and home industries’ charitable organization. He replaces Stu Teller who served in that role since 2012. Joens is currently the senior vice president and general manager of the LA Mart in Los Angeles.
- Online Registration Open for NY Now
- Direct from Market: New York Tabletop Market
- Libby Langdon to Speak in Dallas
- Gund Supports Pet Charity Through Grumpy Cat
- Gourmet: Sweet Cream
- Las Vegas Market Partners with HTI for C11 Launch
- New Lego Films Revealed
- Toys 'R' Us Raises $2 Million for Special Olympics
- Toy of the Week: Zombie Farm
- Enesco to Launch Five Sites on MarketLive
- Retail Employment Uptick Post Holidays
- Vandor Debuts Spongebob SquarePants As Latest License
- Pantone Fall 2015 Colors Revealed
- Retailers Look to Mobile to Drive Sales
- Trends and Forecast for 2015
- Company C Merchandising Giveaway
- ART Deals in High Point
- Fine Lines Names Long VP, Sales and Marketing
The color aqua made quite a splash at the New York Tabletop Market. Other trends include nature themes, florals, varying shades of coral and red and cocktail culture continues on. Click through to see the highlights.
April 22, 2015You’ve heard about the REAs? The Retailer Excellence Awards? Well this year is Gifts and Decorative Accessories' 64th annual REA event, and we want you! We want you to tell us your stories. Independent retailing can certainly be full of challenges. And we know that you have to be smart, creative and willing to take action when opportunity strikes. Wouldn’t you like to share that information with your peers? Then enter, here, and tell us about yourself. We want to know: How did that redesign help bring more traffic into your store or increase sales? And what did ...
Savvy Store Solutions
April 21, 2015With apologies to Jim Henson, today it really is easy for a shop to be “green”. There are so many tools available to us that there is no excuse not to take advantage of them. And since most of us don’t sell merchandise that is essential to daily living, minimizing the carbon footprint of our business is important. There are three key areas I’d suggest you consider: energy use, recycling, and inventory selection. The utility companies in many municipalities offer programs to help you gauge the energy efficiency of your heating, cooling and lighting. The need for specialized ...
April 21, 2015There are few things I love more than getting my hands on a new book, especially kids’ books. (And if you happen to be an avid reader of this blog, you’ll understand this completely). The heavenly scent of freshly printed pages gets me every time (no e-readers for me, thank you very much), and the opportunity to dive head first into a new world is incredibly compelling. Books for kids have an important job to do, as far as I’m concerned: They must not only hold their attention, but stimulate their mind and capture their imagination. This season ...
Gift Book 2015
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
Week of April 6, 2015
For more editors' picks visit our Daily Picks and Products.
See why CR Gibson has been a leader in providing eclectic and joyous gifts for over 140 years. From casual dining serveware, to baby gifts and art, this inside look at CR Gibson's Atlanta showroom is only a taste of what they have to offer. Visit www.crgibson.com to view their full line.