World Market Center Introduces Gourmet and Housewares Floor
NEWS FROM THE WEB
- GRAND RAPIDS, MI-The Gift and Home Trade Association (GHTA) confirmed its 2015-2016 Board of Directors during the 13 th Annual GHTA Conference, held November 10-12 in Austin, TX.
- PARIS - Maison & Objet, the semiannual trade show for lifestyle, decor and design, will stick to its original schedule in Paris, Jan. 22-26, following a series o terrorists attacks on Nov. 13 that killed 130 people and injured 368 others.
- WASHINGTON - Even though 60 percent of holiday shoppers have already started making a dent in their lists, deals and discounts surrounding Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday will push an estimated 135.8 million shoppers to shop Thanksgiving weekend.
- Keep kids and adults entertained at the table with the eatsleepdoodle frame placemat set.
- LAS VEGAS – Award-winning interior designer, Thomas Pheasant , recognized internationally for his interior designs and furniture collections, will be honored as the 2016 Design Icon during Winter Las Vegas Market, January 24-28, 2016.
- Inspiration comes in all sizes and materials.
- DALLAS - Dallas Market Center announces Randall Whitehead as the featured guest speaker for Lightovation, the Dallas International Lighting Show, Jan. 20-14, 2016.
- WAUKESHA, WI – Perfect Timing Inc., which produces premium quality calendars, gift and specialty products has announced that the company will begin operating under a new name and will be known as The Lang Companies, Inc., effective immediately.
- Thomas Pheasant to Be Honored as Design Icon in Vegas
- DMC Taps Randall Whitehead as Speaker for LIghtovation
- Pantone to Premiere Color of the Year in Atlanta
- NRF: 135.8 Million Consumers Expected to Shop This Thanksgiving
- NRF Predicts Top Toys for Holiday 2015
- Wild Republic, Project Night Night Partner to Help Homeless Children
- Fitz and Floyd Acquires Sadek; Signs Deal with Hershey’s
- Danish Brand Bloomingville Announces U.S. Launch
- Alessi Partners with Delta
- Perfect Timing Announces New Name, Branding
- Mud Pie Announces Annual March of Dimes Warehouse Sale
- Demdaco Announces 'Lift the Spirit' Winners
25 Gifted Retailers
As the holiday season approaches, it's time for finishing touches, from greeting cards to gift tags to wrapping paper. There's still time to make sure retail shelves have everything shoppers might need to pull together the perfect holiday gift.
November 24, 2015“One arm longer than the other.” That’s what my mom used to call house guests who came to dinner empty-handed. If there was one thing she sought to teach us kids, it was to always bring something when invited into someone’s home. Next week marks the beginning of a season where we spend more time visiting with family and friends than we do all year. I always like to have a stash of ready-to-go gifts on hand to show the host and hostess how much I appreciate their hospitality, whether it’s my sister or a member of ...
Savvy Store Solutions
November 24, 2015“Make hay when the sun shines” is an old adage usually applied to farming, but our banker once remarked that our gift shop’s business was more seasonal than agriculture. That may not be true (we are at least not as dependent on good weather), but it is important that we make the most of the holiday season that for many of us is our busiest time. In retail terms, making hay means making a profit, and it’s often this seasonal profit that carries us through the slower months that follow. Profitability is based on many things, of course ...
Savvy Store Solutions
November 17, 2015Every so often you have to venture into the world of big box retailing, if for no other reason than to see which of your vendors is also selling to Target or Walmart. (If the product is exactly the same, this counts as a negative when considering a reorder.) But when the search for large plastic bins sent me into big box land yesterday, it gave me a chance to see how I felt when the check out procedure went wrong. I had just unloaded my cart’s contents onto the conveyor belt when the clerk’s computer went down ...
Wrapped Summer Markets
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
Week of November 16, 2015
For more editors' picks visit our Daily Picks and Products.
Las Vegas Market opened C11 as a Gourmet and Housewares floor this market, adding a new layer of resources for buyers. Gifts and Decorative Accessories caught up with Dorothy Belshaw, president, Gift + Home for the Market, and Paul Johnson, owner of The Kitchen Source showroom, to talk about the launch and it's benefits to retailers. (Videos sponsored By International Market Centers.)