Retailers Share Pavilions Hidden Gems
Savvy Store Solutions
January 9, 2017“Holidays cast pall over department stores,” reads the headline on an Associated Press story by Joseph Pisani. “The future of department stores seems bleak as they close locations — and thus give shoppers fewer options at the mall and more reason to just stay home and shop online,” the article states. The demise of department stores is not good news for independent retailers located in malls anchored by one or more of these giants. The decline in traffic will be hard on all the other stores that depended on the department store to draw customers. Pisani quotes Mark Cohen, a retail ...
Savvy Store Solutions
January 4, 2017Are you ready for the new version of the I-9 form that recently made its debut? Not the most exciting news for the start of 2017, but it’s good to know that as of January 22, all employees hired on or after that date must complete the new I-9 form to verify their identity and work authorization. You won’t need to redo forms on file. Just continue to follow existing storage and retentions rules for all of your previously completed Forms I-9. The new version includes several changes designed to reduce errors and make it easier for employers ...
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
- Retailers Tell All in Atlanta
- Collins announces new Dallas Showroom
- Timothy Corrigan to be Honored at Las Vegas Winter Market
- Gourmet Gift Co. Gets New Leadership
- P3 Pet Trade Show Announces Second Keynote Program
- Jonathan Adler Joins Fisher-Price as Creative Director
- December 2016 Issue #11
- Tomy Picks Up Master Toy License for Nature Cat
- Monopoly ‘Banker’ Immortalized at Art Basel
- C&F Enterprises Acquires Transpac
- CA Gift Adds Suzy Toronto to Licensed Artist Lineup
- Rogan Donelly Named Tervis President
- HSNi CEO to Chair National Retail Federation
- Revenew Sales, Market Development Announces New Hire
- Midwest-CBK Announces Largest Product Launch, Midwest Gift Brand Name and Expanded Customer Benefits During Winter Markets
From exclusive Consumer Research to what's trending and why across gift and home categories, the 2017 Gift Book provides consumer and industry insights designed to help inform retail decisions in the coming year. This fourth annual edition of Gift Book is one you'll want to refer back to all year long!
Whether it's store display pieces, upcycling-worthy finds, new gift items or education, it's all in the Las Vegas Market Pavilions. Gifts and Decorative Accessories editor-in-chief talks with retailers about how what they are finding in the Pavilions is enhancing their market experience. (Video coverage sponsored by International Market Centers.)
Chevrons, bands, and lines—this week’s editor’s picks are of all colors and stripes. From fun beach bags to silicone trivets, these products are striped with energy and pizazz.