During AmericasMart Atlanta digital guru Erik Qualman spoke about digital strategies. Before his presentation on Friday, July 14, Qualman sat down with Lenise Willis, editor in chief of Gifts and Decorative Accessories, to answer a few questions for storeowners, including, “What’s the worst mistake a storeowner can make on the web?”
July 20, 2017Here’s a clue to just a few of what we’ve been crushing on as of late.From trinkets to bracelets, we think they’re all great.So don’t be blue when you don’t know what to do.Just listen up and follow our tool on the latest gifts you should get into. Working at Gifts and Decorative Accessories is like living every day as a holiday. Searching for the latest new products feels a lot like shopping, and receiving samples in the mail feels a lot like our birthdays. We love what we do. We love ...
PBM Strategic Insights
July 18, 2017When companies crowdsource, they use an external group of people (a crowd) to obtain a needed service or idea. Different than outsourcing, crowdsourced work comes from an undefined public rather than a specific group. While first officially coined in a 2006 article by Wired magazine, the earliest example can be argued back to the mid-1800s with the collection of words for the Oxford English Dictionary when a group known as the Philological Society contracted more than 800 volunteer readers to collect words from all available books and document their usages. Click here to get complete details.
- Q&A: Sarah Jessica Parker Reflects on Great Retail
- Changing the Face of Retail
- ICON HONORS 2017 Celebrates Global Innovation in the Home and Gift Industry
- Trend Lab introduces new Waverly plush baby blankets, oversized nursery throws
- Anastasia's Coconut Cashew Crunch Wins Top Honors at Specialty Food Association's Summer Fancy Food Show
- Tuesday Tip: Selling Gourmet
- Build & Imagine Acquires Utility Patent
- ASTRA Manufacturers Donate Toys to Charity
- Toy Industry Foundation, Local Toy Companies Participate in Play Your Part-Chicago
- Blackstone Buying Urban Parent Clarion
- High Point Market and Fashion Snoops Announce Strategic Partnership
- Sullivans and Winward to Launch Floral Partnership at 2017 Shows
- Consumer Confidence Index Increased in July
- STUDY: 98 Percent of Point-of-Purchase Surveys are Ineffective and Poorly Constructed
- Monday Stat: Loyalty Programs
LA Mart Goes Patriotic
Soft watercolors, bright citrus and traditional rustic holiday are among the trends spotted by Gifts and Decorative Accessories' editors during AmericasMart Atlanta July 11-14. Sunflowers and lemons brighten, pastel watercolors soften, rustic textures and colors evoke nostalgia, and a plethora of products celebrate and empower "her." Check out these trends for the latest in product design this season.