Retailers Share Pavilions Hidden Gems
Savvy Store Solutions
December 7, 2016Don’t you love a good infographic when you want some quick ideas? They’re not really new—once source claims the first one was created In 1626, when Christoph Scheiner published a book that depicted his research about the rotation of the sun. But I’m looking at one that is less than a week old called Last-Minute Ideas to Maximize Your Holiday Sales , by Lisa Goller on the Range Me Blog. There is lots of helpful information on Lisa’s chart, which like any good infographic is scrupulous about giving its sources. One section that caught my eye ...
Savvy Store Solutions
November 30, 2016If you are a prairie dog, it’s a good idea to keep on digging. In fact the average prairie dog burrow is some 9’ underground, and up to 33’ long. But in retailing, we need to pay attention to the concept of sunk cost and quit while we’re ahead. The term sunk cost, also known as retrospective costs, refers to money spent that cannot be recovered. An example might be a sizable POS system investment that was made just a few years ago. If the store is no longer functioning smoothly with this technology, it doesn’t help ...
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
- Timothy Corrigan to be Honored at Las Vegas Winter Market
- Derrick Ricketts to Join Dallas Market Center as VP Leasing, Home & Design
- Las Vegas Market Adds Resources, Exhibit Space for Handmade Artisans
- Gourmet Gift Co. Gets New Leadership
- P3 Pet Trade Show Announces Second Keynote Program
- Jonathan Adler Joins Fisher-Price as Creative Director
- Tomy Picks Up Master Toy License for Nature Cat
- Monopoly ‘Banker’ Immortalized at Art Basel
- GoFundMe Campaign to Aid Toy Industry Veteran
- C&F Enterprises Acquires Transpac
- CA Gift Adds Suzy Toronto to Licensed Artist Lineup
- Rogan Donelly Named Tervis President
- Abbey Press to Close Two Divisions in 2017
- New Compendium Release Celebrates Educators, Introduces Emerging Sales Category
- DressLilly Introduces New Video Feature To Display Products, Updates Mobile Applications
From exclusive Consumer Research to what's trending and why across gift and home categories, the 2017 Gift Book provides consumer and industry insights designed to help inform retail decisions in the coming year. This fourth annual edition of Gift Book is one you'll want to refer back to all year long!
Whether it's store display pieces, upcycling-worthy finds, new gift items or education, it's all in the Las Vegas Market Pavilions. Gifts and Decorative Accessories editor-in-chief talks with retailers about how what they are finding in the Pavilions is enhancing their market experience. (Video coverage sponsored by International Market Centers.)
This week’s editor’s picks include candles that fill the air with earthy scents, delectable chocolate, a top-tier cake stand and more.