Donny Osmond Shows Home Collection at Vegas
NEWS FROM THE WEB
- COLOGNE, Germany—Koelnmesse is conducting an intercultural study on interior design in the home and how people use interior design in their homes and dream homes in Germany, Russia, China and the United States.
- News from the upcoming international market fairs.
- Market news and updates.
- HILLSBOROUGH, NC—Vietri is set to open an in-store boutique in the new Belk Friendly Center Home Store in Greensboro, NC. The grand opening is set for July 25 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
- EDISON, NJ and NEW YORK—Sferra has opened its first in-store boutique inside Lynnens shop located on Greenwich Avenue, a destination-shopping block, in Greenwich, CT.
- CHICAGO—The 14th annual One of a Kind Show and Sale is once again being held at the Merchandise Mart. Scheduled for December 4-7, 2014, more than 600 juried artists from North America will showcase their handmade creations in such categories as accessories, ceramics, fashion furniture, glass, gourmet, holiday, jewelry, kids, painting, paper, photography, sculpture and wood.
- New appointments, promotions and anniversaries at Transpac, Joseph Joseph, Genius Brands and Gold & Company
- NEW YORK – More than a third of consumers have already started their back-to-school shopping, and most are purchasing their supplies in brick and mortar stores.
- Koelnmesse Conducts Intercultural Study
- Market Runup: International Shows
- Showroom News: July 24, 2014
- Direct from Market: Atlanta, Part 2
- Magnet Works Flag Benefits Siteman Cancer Center
- Direct from Market: Atlanta July 2014
- Time to Go Play: Vtech Kidizoom Smartwatch
- Consumers Prefer In-Store Shopping for Back-to-School
- Playthings: Natural Art
- Retailers Ask Court to Overturn Credit Card Swipe Fee Settlement
- Boelter Brands Acquires Topperscot Sports Licensed Business
- Mad Style Acquires Elly Preston Design
- Focused Sales Closes; Imagine That! Takes on Lines
- Icon Honors Celebrates Industry’s Finest in 2014
- Young Gift Executives Launch Membership Drive
Retailer Excellence Awards
63rd Annual Retailer Excellence Award Gala
August 17, 2014
TICKETS NOW ON SALE. Order now!
Retailer Webinar Series
If you missed the chance to attend Gifts and Decorative Accessories' live webinar, "Merchandi$ing for $ucce$$," you can view a recorded version of the event. This session featured Liz White, owner of retailer Mason & Madison, and Casey Simmons, owner of retailer STUFF. Both speakers discuss the best ways to grow and market your retail business.
July 24, 2014When my husband was a kid, he liked to watch “Inspector Gadget.” He may have thought the adventures alone were cool, but personally, I think he was mesmerized by his watch, which could do just about everything under the sun. If ever we thought those kind of gadgets were a long way off, well, let’s just the say that the future is now. VTech’s Kidizoom Smartwatch is probably the hardest-working timepiece we’ve ever seen. Ever the multitasker, this wristwatch boasts a miniature camera for taking photos and making videos, four games to play on the go, and ...
July 23, 2014Happy 1st Birthday, Prince George. Watching this royal cutie change and grow over the last 12 months has been a treat for all of here in the States. I personally love to see what he’s wearing, given how stylish and well put-together his beautiful mum is. But I can’t help but wonder: Once little George is back at home in the nursery and out of the public eye, just how dashing are his onesies? Most moms know how many of these babies go through in one day alone. Stocking up on this baby essential is not only necessary ...
Savvy Store Solutions
July 22, 2014Do you sell merchandise in your store? I’m willing to guess that you do, because the very definition of a shop is “a place of business for retailing goods.” When three friends from the Georgetown University decided to open a restaurant called Sweetgreen, they of course planned to sell food. But according to a recent article in American Lifestyle, partners Nicolas Jammet, Nathaniel Ru and Jonathan Neman noticed that “the brands they loved did more than just one thing — they stood for something. So we made it a point to focus on why we were doing this. For us ...
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
GDA Editorial Director Warren Shoulberg talks to Donny and Debbie Osmond at the Las Vegas Market about their new Donny Osmond Home Collection. The multi-category home furnishings line features home decor, lighting, bedding, dinnerware, rugs and home improvement products. (Our Las Vegas Market videos are sponsored by the International Market Centers.)