Gift for Life Industry Achievement Award: HomArt
NEWS FROM THE WEB
- WASHINGTON - President Obama has signed an executive order to improve security for credit cards and payment systems in the wake In the wake of the recent cyber attacks that have stolen credit and debit card data from retailers in the U.S.
- WASHINGTON – The executive and management teams of Scout by Bungalow, a leading supplier of fashion and lifestyle bags, bin sand travel accessories, are being reshuffled as Tabitha Bowling steps down as COO.
- KENT, CT - Fashion designer Oscar De La Renta passed away Monday at his home in Connecticut, following complications from cancer. He was 82.
- Humorous frame intended to hold a 4”x6” photo a sisters and/or brothers is part of the new Old Tom Foolery licensed collection.
- NEW YORK - Alessi ’s work with internationally renowned architect and designer Michael Graves will be a prominent part of the upcoming exhibition Michael Graves: Past as Prologue, on display at Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, New Jersey, October 18, 2014 – April 5, 2015.
- ATLANTA—The Icon Honors 2015 has issued its call for entries, seeking top achievers to compete for recognition in the home and gift industry’s celebrated mark of accomplishment.
- Gift industry veteran Mike Coolbroth passed away on October 13 after a long six-year battle with cancer.
- Perfect for Valentine’s Day, Heart Token Magnets are designed by artist Jenn McGlon.
- Icon Honors 2015: Call for Entries Now Open
- NAHFA Seminars at High Point
- Market Runup: Winter 2015 Shows
- Giftables: Tokens of Love and Joy
- Children’s Accessories: Night Glow
- Gift Books: Wedding Day Inspiration
- Cartwheel Kids Acquires Smart Toy
- Thrills and Chills: Just Pretend Kids Enchanted Ice Princess
- Petition Aims to Remove Breaking Bad Toys from TRU
- Obama's Plan to Strengthen Credit Card Security
- NRF Promotes Working in Retail
- Amazon Pops Up in Manhattan
Week of October 20, 2014
October 21, 2014Is Frozen fever still alive and well in your house like it is in ours? Amazing how much staying power sisterhood and one cool snowman truly has (sigh…). And with Halloween just a few weeks away, we can only imagine how many Elsas and Annas will be storming the castle–and our neighborhood–later this month. If your kids aren’t ready to give up their thrones anytime soon, but you’re looking for a Halloween costume that’s a little slight departure from the traditional fare, may we present the latest addition to trendy dress-up wardrobes everywhere? The sparking ...
October 16, 2014Every once in a while, you hear about a retailer doing such wonderful things that it makes you remember once again why it’s such a fascinating business and why – if this is what you do – you got into it in the first place. Well, I just read an interview with Brian Bolke, the owner of one of the best stores I’ve ever seen, Forty Five Ten in Dallas, and it was one of those moments. If you’ve never visited the store, make it a must on your next trip to Dallas. Located in the Knox-Henderson area, it ...
October 15, 2014What’s Halloween without a good ghost story? Before my husband and I had kids, we made our yearly trek to Tarrytown, N.Y., where “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” was reenacted by a local theater troop. Held within a stone’s throw of a dark cemetery through which the Headless Horseman was said to make his nightly ride, this was the ideal experience to get us into a spooky state of mind. Because my kids are still a bit too young to experience this terrifying, but terrific tale, we’ll have to settle for some other festive fables. If ...
From humble retail beginnings, Dave Thomas and Kevin Mundt’s 20-year journey to share the California aesthetic through their HomArt brand was honored with the Gift for Life Industry Achievement Award.
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
Week of October 20, 2014