CA Gift Show to be Carbon Neutral
By Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 10/30/2008 8:37:00 AM
Los Angeles — The California Gift Show will partner with BeGreen, a division of the Green Mountain Energy Company, to offset the electricity for the entire show, which runs January 16–19 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Offsetting more than 19,250 lbs. of CO2 will have the same environmental impact as not driving one's car over 21,400 miles or the annual forest sequestration of more than 1,150 trees, recycling more than 47,450 aluminum cans or over 7,700 pounds of newspaper. Attendees will be able to track the results via an embedded "carbon calculator" on the show's website, which will launch in mid-November.
Green Mountain Energy will also exhibit at the winter market, offering “Gifts of Green” which includes one native tree planted in an ecosystem restoration project in the United States, a plant-able ornament made of seed paper, plus a card telling them about the environmental benefits of their tree and a personalized message.
In addition to the carbon offset, the show will again offer ECO, (Earth Conscious Options), as a category identifying eco-friendly and fair trade products. And in September, the Los Angeles Convention Center became certified in Leadership for Energy and Environmental Design for existing buildings (from the United States Green Building Council). The Convention Center is also planning new earth-friendly programs such as thermal storage and creating green space, and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently welcomed the Los Angeles Convention Center as a national Green Power Partner:
Phil Lenz - 2008-11-14 01:49:00 EST
Carbon Neutral is just another failed attempt to revive a sinking ship. The L.A Marketplace is on life support and not even Henry Brandler, Jon Weiglin, Gerry Sieble, and Jack Chalden combined could bring it back from the dead. Although if someone was smart they would bring back the last three and get this once proud market back on it's feet.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...