Zhu Zhu Pets maker, Cepia takes Twitter parties across the pond
First Transatlantic Twitter party joins mom bloggers in the U.S. and UK
Playthings Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 8/10/2010 4:18:16 PM
ST. LOUIS - A Transatlantic Twitter Party took place last Thursday night, using live streaming via MomTV. The social media event connected moms in the U.S. with mums in the UK who spent the hour playing games and winning Zhu Zhu Pet products.
Not only was the #Zhuniverse party the first Twitter event to connect moms from across the globe, it was the first party to feature live streaming video technology. Broadcasted in real time through MomTV.com, party attendees were able to not only see the party host, Maria Bailey, founder of MomTV.com, but get an up-close look at the products being featured. The virtual party guests were able to communicate and offer feedback via Twitter and also the interactive MomTV chat room.
Between 4 and 5 p.m. EST, more than 250 people logged into the party from Twitter and MomTV.com to hear the latest news from the Zhu-niverse, including details about the newly-released Kung Zhu line. Moms and kids took part in quizzes and scavenger hunts for chances to win coveted Zhu Zhu and Kung Zhu prizes. In just one hour, more than 1,500 tweets and chat room submissions were entered.
"The Zhu-niverse brand is committed to introducing unique and exciting toys that inspire kids to engage in interactive play," said Natalie Hornsby, vice president of marketing of Cepia, the maker of Zhu Zhu Pets. "In keeping with our trend of innovation, we're always looking for new ways to connect with moms. Cepia developed the transatlantic component of this program in line with this spirit, and the numbers indicate that this was a very successful and meaningful way to connect with our fans globally."
The party was conducted by BSM Media and broadcasted from Character Options' Oldham office. Although Twitter Parties are a popular strategy for marketing to moms in the U.S., this was one of the first for UK mum bloggers.
"This Twitter party was the first live party conducted by BSM and allowed us to form even deeper relationships with our greatest supporters," said Bailey.
With the help of Character Options and their knowledge of the UK mom market, BSM Media and Cepia have plans for more cross-continent marketing efforts throughout 2010.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...