Toys “R” Us Returns to Times Square; Opens Temporary Three-Level Store
August 23, 2017,
Toys “R” Us is returning to Times Square for the holiday season.
"The Times Square holiday shop reunites our brand with an iconic New York destination which we are thrilled about," said Dave Brandon, Chairman & CEO of Toys "R" Us, Inc. "More importantly, the store offers customers a host of products tailored to the needs of city dwellers and visitors – all in interest of bringing play to kids and families around the world!"
- Level One: Upon entering the store, customers will be greeted with a variety of shop-in-shops, including Movie HQ (products from this fall's biggest blockbusters), Hot and New (the hottest holiday toys), Star Wars and Marvel, along with assorted New York City memorabilia. Additionally, Level One will host a select assortment of electronic and entertainment items such as FUJIFILM INSTAX cameras, Nintendo Switch and top software launches.
- Lower Level: Here shoppers will find a wide variety of R/C, Hot Wheels and action figures, as well as city-friendly modes of transportation such as bikes and scooters.
- Level Two:In addition to the feature shops on Level One, customers will find dedicated LEGO and NERF shops, and a full assortment of traditional toys across a range of categories, including preschool, games, dolls, learning, collectibles and arts and crafts.
- Play Space:Also on Level Two, kids will have the opportunity to play with products out-of-the-box and experience toy demos.
- Interactive Elements: In a nod to the company's former Times Square location, a scaled-down animatronic dinosaur will also live on the second level. Customers will come to find other interactive and life-size toy displays across the three-level space throughout the holiday season.
The Toys “R” Us Times Square location is expected to remain open through the 2017 holiday season.
Related Content By Author
Age of Millennials: Eco-Friendly Machines
Gifts & Dec Direct
AmericasMart ICON Honorees
Excellence and superior achievement in the home and gift industry were recognized in July at AmericasMart's eighth annual ICON Honors. Enjoy these video stories celebrating the 2017 award recipients: Spicher and Company, Bloomingville, Wolf Gourmet, Her Majesty's English Tea Room, Kurt S. Adler, Inc., and Chris Rosse, Rosse and Associates.