UPDATE: IFDA's Circle of Excellence Awards Presented, Founder Honored
GDA Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 4/24/2012 11:13:00 AM
International Furnishings and Design Association (IFDA) will present the 2012 honorees of its Circle of Excellence Awards and honor founder, Claire K. Coleman, at an Evening of Distinction on Tuesday, May 8, from 6-8 p.m. at The Union League Club in New York City.New York — The New York Chapter of the
This year's winners include:
Excellence in Education: Bard Graduate Center, accepting Susan Weber, founder and director of the Bard Graduate Center
Industry Resource & Product Design: Cary Kravet, president, Kravet Inc.
Interior Design: Charlotte Moss, Charlotte Moss, LLC
Media: Hearst Design Group's Elle Decor, accepting Michael Boodro and Barabara Friedmann, House Beautiful, Newell Turner and Kate Kelly Smith and Veranda, Dara Caponigro and Jennifer Bruno
Claire K. Coleman, IFDA's founder, will also be honored at the event for her leadership in promoting the role of women in home interiors.Coleman, who started out as a cub reporter for Retailing Home Furnishings in 1947, first expressed her dismay after she was excluded from the all-male "Drapery & Curtain Club Market Dinner." This incident would further fuel her career moving forward. Coleman, along with friends, later started the National Home Fashion League (NHFL). Membership included executives in every facet of design and furnishings. In 1998, the NHFL was later named the International Furnishings & Design Association. Today, the IFDA has15 regional chapters, including one in Japan.
Simon Doonan and Jonathan Adler will be the Masters of Ceremonies. For tickets and more information, click here or call 212.686.6020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...