Video News Reports from Gift + Home at Las Vegas Market
GDA Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 7/24/2012 2:55:59 PM
Join us on this page for video broadcasts from Las Vegas with the latest news from the Summer 2012 Gift + Home show. Each day Editorial Director Warren Shoulberg will interview exhibitors and attendees about the trends and issues shaping the market. See new products. Learn about special vendor programs. Hear what industry experts are doing to grow their business. Click on the video players below. (Our videos are sponsored by the International Market Centers.)
Thursday, 02 August 2012 - GDA's Warren Shoulberg talks to Eric Dean, President of online marketing firm Whereoware, at the Gift + Home Show about the current business climate. He noted that the first half of the year had a lot of good momentum, but business started to slip in June and July was a tough month for many companies. He explained that it all started with consumers and they were still a little tight with their money. However, he added that there is a separation of the pack among companies. "Companies that are doing well are doing very well. The better are getting a little stronger and it's tougher for the smaller companies to break through right now." Dean also offered his insights on the upcoming fourth quarter.
Wednesday, 01 August 2012 - GDA's Warren Shoulberg talks to Christine Osborne, owner of South Carolina retailer WonderWorks, about her shopping plans at the Gift + Home Show this week in Las Vegas. Osborne said she was looking for decorative tabletop items, along with garden and whimsical products plus kids toys. She added that her stores are doing great and plans are in place to start layaway for Christmas on September 1.
Tuesday, 31 July 2012 - Gifts & Decorative Accessories Editorial Director Warren Shoulberg talks to Dorothy Belshaw, IMC's President of Gift & Home Decor, about how the market is going. She said IMC is "cautiously optimistic" about the show and that preregistration numbers were strong. She added that there were several new tenants in the Gift + Home Building C, plus an expanded temporary presence, while in Building B there is a completely new aggregation of home fashion goods. Belshaw added that more news will be released this week on IMC's expanded vision for the Gift + Home Show.
Monday, 30 July 2012 -Gifts & Decorative Accessories Editorial Director Warren Shoulberg kicks off video coverage of the Gift + Home show in Las Vegas. Each day he will talk with exhibitors and attendees about the trends and issues shaping this market. Learn about special vendor programs. Hear what industry experts are doing to grow their business.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...