Jeff Pinsker Named President of Klutz, VP of Scholastic
Playthings Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 10/24/2012 9:23:59 AM
In his new position, Pinsker will lead the creative, sales, and marketing direction of the Klutz business and manage the strategic development of the brand; he will assume his new responsibilities December 3, 2012, and report to Ellie Berger, president of the Trade Publishing division at Scholastic.
Most recently, Pinsker was the CEO of Infinitoy, an educational toy company, which acquired the rights to the construction toy line, ZOOB, and launched QUIZMO, a hand-held, electronic quiz game. He has authored 13 books, including the "QUIZMO" Series and entries in Spinner Books' Armchair Puzzlers Series. Prior to Infinitoy, Pinsker was president and CEO of JP Kids, an independent children's media company, and also served as president of University Games, where he created and produced more than 150 games.
Pinsker started his career as CEO of Amazing Events, a corporate event and practical joke company. Throughout the years, he has served on numerous boards, including Infinitoy, University Games, Stanford University Hospital's The Health Library, Educational Direct, Yoga Tales, The New Curiosity Shop, ePlay, and a retail clothing chain. As a volunteer, he has worked with Big Brothers, The Health Library, Special Olympics, Stanford Alumni Mentoring, Stanford Fundraising, Rebuilding Together, and volunteering in local schools.
"I am very excited to have Jeff join the talented and infinitely creative Klutz team," said Berger in a statement. "Jeff's diverse background in children's game development, toys, and publishing makes him perfectly suited to build on Klutz's rich history of tactile innovation and fun, and to explore both print and digital opportunities for the brand as Klutz moves forward."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...