People on the Move: October 24, 2012
GDA Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 10/24/2012 11:33:29 AM
Garry Schermann has joined Creative Co-Op as its new senior vice president of sales.
Schermann is an industry veteran, with experience including senior sales management roles at both Colonial Candle, and most recently at Tag. In his new position, Schermann will be responsible for the full sales function across both independent retailers and national accounts.
Randy Erlandson was appointed national account manager of Orange Circle Studio/Studio Oh! the calendar and gift products manufacturer.
Erlandson has over 20 years of experience within the sales industry and within the calendar and gift markets, coming most recently from Knock Knock. "Randy has deep industry experience and I am confident he will be a great asset in the continuing success of Orange Circle Studio," said Daniel Whang, president, Orange Circle Studio.
The Brooklyn, NY-based marketing, technology, and branding firm based, Jola Interactive, is expanding its staffing and operations with a director of marketing and two project managers.
The new team wilp help manage the growing demand for the company's technology and B2B marketing strategy services for the home décor, gift, and real estate industries.
Richard Ginsberg has been named Jola's director of marketing. Michael Lamarti, CEO and founder, Jola, first met Ginsberg in 2000 when they teamed up for the first time to produce branding and market strategies for a number of leading corporations in the home furnishings, home décor, gift, and lighting industries.
Prior to joining Jola, Ginsberg worked his way up from the mailroom at the movie marketing agency, Diener, Hauser, Bates. In 1986, he was tapped to become executive vice president of McCann Erickson, heading up motion picture marketing for Columbia and Tri-Star Pictures. He later started his own marketing agency, where he worked with clients like Starbucks, WCBS-FM Radio, Legal Sea Foods, PR Newswire, and Kaufman Astoria Studios.
New Jola project managers are Dan Allen and Cynthia Ceilán. Allen, who manages five Jola accounts, started his career in comedy in 1998 and received considerable training in improvisation from the Upright Citizen's Brigade. In 2002, he was tapped by Lucien Hold to become a regular at the iconic Comic Strip Live and has appeared on Comedy Central's Premium Blend in 2004, and performs regularly in New York City clubs. Allen currently produces a weekly podcast about comedy called In the Tank with Jon Fisch and has written for Phil Donahue, US Weekly's "Fashion Police," and was featured in Playgirl and Gothamist.
Cynthia Ceilán is the author of three nonfiction humor books. She has spent the first half of her career in the corporate high-tech industry, and the second half in non-profit operations. Ceilán, who joined Jola this October, brings a broad range of technical and management skills, and a strong focus on customer service.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...