Chicago Toy Show Taps Key Speakers
Playthings Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 10/25/2012 6:54:00 AM
CHICAGO - The Chicago Toy & Game Group (CHItag) has named its keynote speakers for the 6th annual International Toy & Game Inventor and Industry Conference (T&GCon), Nov.15 and 16 at Navy Pier. The conference takes place during the annual Chicago Toy & Game Fair, Nov. 14-18.
The 2012 keynote speakers include Ira Hernowitz, global head of "R" Brands at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R" Us; Kevin Harrington, chairman and founder of TVGoods Inc. and chairman of As Seen on TV Inc.; Jeff Jones, founder and principal of Jones Innovation Works; Mark T. Reyland, executive director of the United Inventors Association of America; and Brian Torney, co-founder, Otherdoor Entertainment and director of Entertainment Brands, Manifest Digital.
This year's conference features more than 60 speakers from over 15 countries, including companies such as Mattel, Hasbro, Spin Master, Ravensburger, Toys"R"Us, Flair, PlaSmart, Marbles the Brain Store, and more. The two-day conference will also feature Social Media at Play (SMAPcon) on Friday, November 16th, which will explore the socialization of play, and feature panels of expert speakers in social and digital media who will discuss tools, techniques and new trends from integration to engagement to measurement.
This year's Chicago Toy & Game Fair, now in its tenth year, will also feature the 5th Annual Young Inventors Challenge (YIC) on Nov. 17 and some life-size games and competitions. In celebration of its anniversary, the Chicago Toy & Game Group recently reported a record expected 25,000-plus to attend this year's conference.
We would love your feedback!
- Jan 23, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...