K.I.D.S. Gathers Donations for Sandy Relief
Playthings Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 11/2/2012 12:28:56 PM
NEW YORK - Kids in Distressed Situations (K.I.D.S.) has created a Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Drive to help children and families affected by the Superstorm Sandy.
The storm entered New York and New Jersey Monday evening leaving behind floods, fires, storm surges, power outages and blizzards as far away as West Virginia.
K.I.D.S. is partnering with multiple agencies to set up a major distribution site in Queens, NY, to help families who lost their houses to fire and floods. In New Jersey, K.I.D.S. is working with partners up and down the Jersey coast to collect and distribute relief supplies to families affected by the storm. In West Virginia, where as much as two to three feet of snow fell, K.I.D.S. sill dispense goods and supplies collected from corporate donors.
In a statement, the nonprofit said that children and families in shelters and in affected communities are in dire need of new apparel, blankets, shoes, toys, baby products and books, and is asking for merchandise donations from the industry.
To make a merchandise or cash donation to the K.I.D.S Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Drive, visit the K.I.D.S. website. All financial contributions will help assist with the transportation and distribution efforts needed to move the product to our local partner agencies to serve the victims.
We would love your feedback!
- Nov 21, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...