Groovystuff Reveals Student Design Winners
GDA Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 11/2/2012 1:01:13 PM
DALLAS - Home furnishings manufacturer Groovystuff has revealed the winners of its "Groovystuff By Design: Connecting Education with Industry Challenge." Hailong Piao from Auburn University and Ms Janejira Bualoy from KMITL in Bangkok, Thailand, placed first in the Popular Vote At Market at the recent High Point Market held October 13-18, for their environmentally friendly product designs and innovative contributions to the home furnishings industry.
Hailong Piao and Janejira Bualoy competed against undergraduates from their respective schools to design an environmentally friendly product that reflects the celebrity Dick Idol Legends brand and can be produced using sustainable manufacturing practices. Students produced miniature models and product display boards for market attendees to vote on during the Fall High Point Market.
The "Groovystuff By Design: Connecting Education with Industry Challenge" is a two-stage program in which winners are determined through a "Popular Vote at Market" and then for stage two the goods are produced and the grand prize winner determined by the "Most Written Orders at Market." he competition takes place at the High Point Market, April 20-25, 2013 with additional exposure for the universities at the spring and summer Dallas and Las Vegas Markets.
We would love your feedback!
- May 16, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...