Toy of the Year Nominees Unveiled
Playthings Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 11/20/2012 9:13:20 AM
Toy fans can see the entire list of nominees at ToyAwards.org and vote for their favorite playthings in 12 categories from now through Jan. 13, 2013—everything from e-Connected, Boy Toy, Game, Specialty, Innovative to Educational and Outdoor toys.
This year's finalist represent 69 unique products or properties from 46 companies and were selected from nearly 650 nominees submitted for consideration. The nomination committee is comprised of academics, journalists, toy trend experts, play therapists, toy inventors and designers and toy retailers.
Five ballots for consumers, mass retailers, specialty retailers, media, and TIA members will remain open through the January deadline and will be used to determine each of the category winners. The "Toy of the Year" award will be selected based on votes received from journalists and bloggers, retailers and TIA members, and the winners will be announced during the awards ceremony on Sat., Feb. 9, 2013 to kick-off the 110th American International Toy Fair.
"Each year, TOTY celebrates the creative spirit of the toy industry and honors the joy that toys and games bring to kids of all walks of life," said Carter Keithley, president, TIA. "We are proud to announce that the TOTY Awards will once again support the inspiring work of the Toy Industry Foundation, which annually delivers one million toys and games to deserving children around the world."
Several 2013 Hall of Fame inductees were also named, including Judith (Judy) Ellis, founder and chair of the nation's first baccalaureate program in Toy Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology, and the late Russ Berrie, former chief executive and chairman of Russ Berrie & Company. Both be recognized for their contributions and service to the toy industry during the TOTY Awards ceremony in February.
We would love your feedback!
- Feb 13, 2013
- Feb 12, 2013
- May 31, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...