TIF Partner with CASA for Children
Playthings Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 11/21/2012 12:25:39 PM
The partnership will involve unique toy distribution events for "back to school" season, the holidays, and the celebration of special occasions such as birthdays. CASA volunteers provide one-on-one advocacy for children in the foster care and family court systems in communities across the country. Appointed by a judge, CASA volunteers fight for and protect a child's right to be safe, to be treated with dignity and respect, and to learn and grow in the safe embrace of a loving family. Thanks to a $200,000 grant and ongoing toy donations from TIF, CASA will expand its network of volunteer advocates serving more than 234,000 foster children in 2013. The partnership also aims to provide kids with stability and emotional support by helping CASA volunteers bond with children through toys.
"The foster care and family court systems are very complicated, which is why these children need special support. For many, their CASA volunteer is the only stable adult in their lives," saidJean Butler, executive director, TIF, in a statement. "By training more volunteers and helping them build trust with the children through play, TIF and CASA can work together to spark real change, one child at a time."
We would love your feedback!
- Nov 21, 2013
- Apr 9, 2013
- May 14, 2012
- Aug 1, 2013
- Nov 27, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...