Monkeez Makes a Difference Makes Initial Donations
GDA Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 11/27/2012 5:47:27 PM
CHARLESTON, SC - Monkeez Makes a Difference, the educational and charitable program for children, launched in July by MVP Group International, made its first round of donations to three nationally renowned ch arity partners: Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, Samaritan's Purse and Best Friends Animal Society.
The Monkeez Makes a Difference prgroam donated a total of $46,311 to the three charities and met with the organizations' in October and November to deliver the funds and keepsake checks. Each of the three charities received $15,437.33 in this inaugural round of donations. Liz Scott, co‐executive director and mother of founder Alex of Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation; Darren Mullenix, director of operations - donor ministries at Samaritan's Purse; and Chris Perry, development officer at Best Friends Animal Society, met with the Monkeez Makes a Difference team at the MVP Group International headquarters in Charleston to receive donations.
Monkeez Makes a Difference is an interactive experience that teaches children the importance of helping others through kid‐friendly tools like the Genuine Monkeez and Friendsplush characters, online games and real‐life Do Good challenge trading cards; a donation of 10 percent of the wholesale price is made on the child's behalf to one of the three charities of his or her choice.
"We are thrilled at the participation in Monkeez Makes a Difference and thank our retail partners for making these donations possible by carrying the Genuine Monkeez & Friends products in their stores. We're honored to make these donations to our esteemed charity partners on behalf of retailers and children across the country," says Chrysti Carol Propes, founder and director of Monkeez Makes a Difference. "The level of activity in our initial months of operation exceeded our expectations and reinforces our belief that children really can make a difference, learn about helping others and have fun all at the same time. As the holidays approach, we expect to see even more participation as parents and grandparents look for unique ways to talk with children about the lifelong lessons of philanthropy."
Chris Perry, development officer at Best Friends Animal Society said, "This money helps us reach our goal of no more homeless pets."
"Itʹs truly powerful to know that children are solving the problem of childhood cancer through the Monkeez Makes a Difference program," said Liz Scott, Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation co‐executive director and mother of founder Alex.
In early December, MVP Group International employees will also head to the Samaritanʹs Purse headquarters in Boone, N.C., to load boxes for one of their largest projects, Operation Christmas Child. The MVP Group team will help to load a portion of the nine million shoe boxes packed with gifts and delivered to children around the world.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...