Genius Brands Develops Animated TV Series
Playthings Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 12/13/2012 10:33:51 AM
SAN DIEGO,CA - Genius Brands International Inc., developer and marketer of entertainment products, including the Baby Genius line, has started development on an animated television series for children.
The series will be for kids ages 6 to 9 and is based on the company's Genius brand of intellectual properties and will be ready by fall 2014.
Suzanne Bolch and John May have been signed to create and write the series. Known throughout the industry as Bloch ‘n' May, this writer/producer team has worked on hundreds of television episodes in Toronto, New York and Los Angeles. Their executive producer credits include Captain Flamingo (also creators) for YTV/Jetix, Naturally Sadie for Disney/Family Channel, and Our Hero (also creators) for CBC. They also produced The Screech Owls for Discovery/YTV, The Journey of Allen Strange for Nickelodeon and Flash Forward for Disney/Family Channel. Their many writing credits include PBS's award-winning The Magic Schoolbus, Disney/Family Channel's Life with Derek, Nickelodeon/YTV's Caitlin's Way, and Fox/YTV's Stickin' Around.
"An animated television series based on our core brands is the next natural step in our global strategy to build upon the continuing momentum for our brands through all forms of media," said Howard Balaban, executive vice president of new business development, Genius Brand, in a statement . "We are thrilled to be working with Bolch ‘n' May on this new entertainment venture. They are a highly creative team with proven expertise in attracting kid audiences and an impressive track record of writing and producing for successful children's franchises for many of the top broadcasters in the U.S. and Canada."
We would love your feedback!
No related articles for this topic.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...