Luminara Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Knockoffs
GDA Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 12/18/2012 9:14:00 AM
Luminara Worldwide LLC, has filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota to stop the infringement of U.S. Patents held by Candella LLC.MINNEAPOLIS - Candella LLC, in cooperation with
These patents represent the technology used to create Luminara's collection of flame-replicating designer candles that are practically indistinguishable from traditional candles. Candella, the exclusive licensee of the patents, contends that three companies, Liown Electronics Co. Ltd., Shenzhen Liown Electronics Co. Ltd., and Liown Technologies/Beauty Electronics LLC, have infringed and continue to infringe these patents in products sold under the names "Dazzler," "Forever Light" flameless flickering candles, "Flameless LED Candle with Lanalool Mosquito Repellent, 2-pk.," "Flameless Pillar," and "Forever Flame."
The lawsuit names as defendants those three companies, as well as companies selling the infringing products through the internet or at retail locations (Two's Company, Inc., BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Primitives By Kathy, Inc., and Boston Warehouse Trading Corp).
Candella is seeking damages and asking the court to enter a preliminary and permanent injunction prohibiting the defendants or any other person from selling products infringing the patented technology found in Luminara candles.
Authentic Luminara candles can be purchased from GKI/Bethlehem Lights.
We would love your feedback!
- Jan 8, 2013
- Nov 8, 2012
- Jul 17, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...