Monopoly to Replace Iconic Play Piece
Playthings Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 1/11/2013 7:00:01 AM
Monopoly is getting ready to replace one of its classic board game pieces, and Hasbro is letting fans decide which one will go.PAWTUCKET, RI - Is it the racecar, thimble, shoe or iron? No one knows, but
This week, Hasbro kicked off the "Save Your Token" campaign on Facebook Wednesday, asking players to vote for the tokens they want to keep. The game piece with the least amount of votes will be removed from the game forever and replaces with one of the new proposed pieces, including a toy robot, helicopter, guitar, diamond ring or cat.
The board game, created by Charles Darrow and later sold to Parker Brothers, will turn 8o this year. Some of the game pieces were reportedly designed by Darrow's nieces; six of the current pieces have remained a part of the game since 1935 with the Scottie dog and wheelbarrow joining in the 1950s.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...