GLM Taps Craig Dooley for Senior Role
Industry vet to oversee IR Events Group
GDA Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 1/30/2013 9:45:46 AM
GLM, effective February 4, 2013.GLMWHITE PLAINS, NY - Craig Dooley has been appointed senior vice president and group show director, IR Events Group for
Based in GLM's downtown Chicago office, Dooley will report directly to Charles McCurdy, CEO. In his new position, Dooley will oversee the strategy, operations, and expansion, including conference development, sales, marketing, financial management, operations and total show administration of the Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition, Internet Retailer Mobile Marketing & Commerce Forum and the Internet Retailer Web Design & Usability Conference.
He will also help lead the expansion of the IR Events Group through co-locations with GLM shows, including the recently announced Internet Retailer event at Surf Expo, as well as anticipated freestanding IRCE-style events in North America, Asia and Europe, in addition to the management of the existing IR Events team, which will remain in place.
Dooley has 20 years of experience in the technology and events industries. Prior to GLM, he served in senior level marketing and strategy roles for MMPI and Inforte Corporation, a technology consulting and systems integration firm, among other organizations. He holds an MBA from Northwestern University.
"We are excited to welcome Craig to the senior management team at GLM," said McCurdy in a statement. "His extensive knowledge of the events business, from both the conference and exhibition perspectives, as well as his deep experience within both the vendor-to-retailer world and the technology space, will be integral to realizing the full potential of the IR Events Group. GLM aims to enhance efficiencies in the sourcing, sales and distribution of specialty merchandise throughout the supply chain, and Craig will play a key role in supporting this mission."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...