Celebrity Chefs Get Cooking at Housewares Gala
GDA Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 2/8/2013 12:35:50 PM
ROSEMONT, IL—Six award-winning James Beard celebrity chefs will prepare signature specialties for the 16th Annual Housewares Charity (HCF) Gala, Monday, March 4, at the Hilton Chicago.
Participating chefs include, Hugh Acheson, chef/partner of Five & Ten, The National and Empire State South in Athens, GA; Rick Bayless owner of Frontera Grill and Topolobampo in Chicago, who also won Bravo's Top Chef Master; Sarah Grueneberg, executive chef at Spiaggia in Chicago; Emily Luchetti, executive pastry chef at Waterbar and Farallon in San Francisco; Maricel E. Presilla chef/co-owner of Cucharamama, Zafra and Ultramarinos in Hoboken, NJ; and Jacques Torres, chocolatier owner of Jacque Torres Chocolate in New York.
Each will prepare an appetizer and entree for the quadrant of the ballroom, and Luchetti will make dessert while Torres prepares bonbons.
This year's gala honorees include, Kathryn Bufano, president and chief merchandising officer of Belk, who will receive the Lifetime Humanitarian Award and Keith Jaffee of O2 Cool, who will be presented with the Humanitarian of the Year Award.
The event will benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, the HCF's legacy charity. Contributions will also be made to two charities in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy: the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund and Long Island Cares Inc.—The Harry Chapin Food Bank.
The gala will be held in conjunction with the International Home + Housewares Show, scheduled for March 2-5. To make reservations for the gala click here; or through Paul Murphy at 508.272.0717. Reservations can also be made onsite at the Show Store on Level 2.5 of the South Building.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...