TOTY Award Winners Named
Playthings Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 2/12/2013 5:34:50 AM
NEW YORK - The 13th annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards and Toy Industry Hall of Fame induction kicked off the 110th American International Toy Fair this week; LEGO took top TOTY honors, while two toy industry legends were honored.
Toy of the Year went to LEGO Friends (The Lego Group). Other winners included: Playmates Toys for its Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shellraiser, e-Connected Toy of the Year, Skylanders Giants from Activision; PlaSmart's Perplexus Epic as Game of the Year; and the Tranquil Turtle by Cloud b as Infant/Toddler Toy of the Year. LeapFrog Enterprises' LeapPad2 also received the "People's Choice" award.The complete list of winners is on the Toy Industry Association site.
In addition, the Toy Industry Hall of Fame inducted several legends: Judith (Judy) Ellis, chair of the Toy Design Department at the Fashion Institute of Technology and the late Russell (Russ) Berrie, founder of Russ Berrie Inc. Both join 59 other toy pioneers inducted since 1985.
"The TOTY Awards are a joyous way to kick off Toy Fair week," said Carter Keithley, president, TIA, in a statement. "This event honors the creativity and innovation of the toy industry while supporting the philanthropic work of our very own Toy Industry Foundation (TIF), which brings the gift of play into the lives of needy children around the world."
We would love your feedback!
- Feb 13, 2013
- Nov 20, 2012
- May 31, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...