Women in Toys Honor Business Leaders
Playthings Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 2/13/2013 2:20:04 PM
NEW YORK - The Women in Toys' 2013 Wonder Women Awards and inaugural Superman Awards were presented to industry leaders in toys, licensing and entertainment at the 9th Annual Wonder Women in Toys, Licensing & Entertainment Awards, which took place during the American International Toy Fair on Feb. 10.
The event, attended by more than 300 industry executives, recognized toy industry leaders and younger women in toy design programs worldwide with Scholarships distributed at the Awards Dinner on February 10, 2013.
This year's Wonder Woman Winners include: Cathy Meredith, Hasbro (Lifetime Achievement Award); Caitlin Gutekunst, licensing manager, Americas , Mind Candy (Rising Star); Jen Derevensky, president, Ren Beanie Public Relations (PR/Social Media); Gale Jarvis, president, Alexander Doll Co. (Manufacturer); Nancy Zwiers, chief funosopher, Funosophy (Designer or Inventor); Lourdes Arocho, vice president, toys and games, Nickelodeon Consumer Products (Licensing & Entertainment); Jean Butler, executive director, The Toy Industry Foundation (Socially Responsible); Leila Nosrati, buyer, girls' toys, Toys "R" Us (Retailer); Alita Friedman, chief brand officer and principal, Pretty Ugly (Marketing or Branding); and Superman awards went to Jay Foreman of The Bridge and Carter Keithley, The Toy Industry Association.
"We were thrilled to honor the true innovators who have shined brightly over the past year and throughout their careers, and made indelible marks on the toy industry," said Ashley Mady, president of Brandberry and co-chair of the Wonder Woman Dinner, in a statement. "In addition to acknowledging 10 remarkable women, we included the first ever Superman awards, Jay Foreman and Carter Keithley for their impactful contributions to WIT and mentoring of Women Business Leaders throughout our industry. We were thrilled to have a robust group of nominees and impressive roster of companies attending the dinner this year to celebrate their accomplishments."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...