Tonner Doll, Warner Bros. Partner for A Christmas Story
Playthings Staff -- Gifts and Dec, 2/28/2013 12:08:29 PM
Tonner Doll Company has partnered with Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), to release a Ralphie Character Figure based on the 1983 American comedy, A Christmas Story.KINGSTON, NY -
Based on the short stories and semi-fictional anecdotes of Jean Shepard, including In God We Trust and All Others Pay Cash, the film, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, has become a holiday cult favorite and was even selected for preservation by the Library of Congress in 2012.
Tonner's Ralphie Character figure includes hand-painted facial features, authentic costuming from the film, and multiple points of articulation for dynamic posing; the doll also comes with a stand for easy display. Ralphie stands 12 inches tall and is dressed in his red plaid cotton shirt, oatmeal knit sweater, brown corduroys, white socks and brown boots. The figure includes Ralphie's signature spectacles and, of course, his beloved BB gun.
"I am a huge fan of this movie, and of the Ralphie character himself," said Robert Tonner, doll artist and company CEO. "Getting the opportunity to work with WBCP and on this project has been like working with an old friend."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...